ROCKSTAR'S XBOX PEDAL TO THE MEDAL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK®. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
Rockstar's "Xbox Pedal to the Medal Sweepstakes" (the "Promotion") will commence at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on October 1, 2012 ("Start Date") and end at 11:59:59 AM ET on December 31, 2012 ("End Date;" and Start Date and End Date collectively, the "Promotion Period").
1. ADMINISTRATOR/SPONSOR. The Promotion is sponsored by Rockstar, Inc. ("Sponsor").
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Guam, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions) ("Eligibility Area") who are 18 years of age or older as of the Start Date of the Promotion. Directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, Sponsor's franchisees, and Administrator, and each of their respective parent, sister, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and all other corporations, partnerships, sole proprietorships or other legal entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of this Promotion (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate families of such persons (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent or so-called "step" or "half" variations of any of the preceding individuals, regardless of where they live), and those living in their same households, whether or not related, as well as any a winner in any other of a Sponsor's Promotions during 180 days prior to the start date of the above-referenced Sweepstakes are ineligible to enter, win or collect prizes in the Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There is one way to enter.
Online: To enter through the online method, you ("Entrant") must visit www.facebook.com/rockstar (the "Website") during the Promotion Period and login with your Facebook account. If Entrant does not have a Facebook account, Entrant must register by visiting www.facebook.com ("Facebook") and registering for free. Registration for and use of the Facebook system and other Facebook applications are subject to Facebook's terms and conditions, and Sponsor has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use.
Once Entrant has accessed the Website and logged in with their Facebook account, Entrant will be able to follow the onscreen instructions to register by filling out the necessary fields and agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules. Once Entrant has completed the foregoing, he/she will have earned one (1) entry (an "Entry") into the Promotion.
Entrants will be charged according to their Internet provider's standard fees and rates, and Entrants should contact their provider for pricing plans and details.
Promotion Entities will not acknowledge or confirm receipt of any Entries, regardless of entry method used. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Internet provider outages that result in the non-receipt of any participants' entry attempts. Promotion Entities are not responsible for Entries that are garbled, corrupted, or otherwise unascertainable or incomprehensible. All Entries must be submitted by the End Date, any Entries or entry attempts received thereafter will be destroyed.
Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant, per method of entry, as described above, throughout the Promotion Period. Only one (1) Facebook account a per Entrant may be used in connection with this Promotion. Any person who attempts to participate by using multiple Facebook accounts, , multiple identities, or by using any device or artifice to participate in violation of the terms stated in these official Rules, may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar participation methods or agents will void such participation in the Promotion. In the event of a dispute over who is an Entrant or who an Entry corresponds to, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account linked to the Facebook account used to Enter the Promotion as of the actual time that such information was received by Sponsor, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account subscriber" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address
Promotion Entities may require an Entrant to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants may be required to indicate their acceptance to the Official Rules where indicated at the time of registration; provided, however, that any Entrant's participation in the Promotion constitutes, and is deemed, such Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Promotion Entities, which are final and binding in all respects. All Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion and/or these Official Rules. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. All information submitted by participants in connection with this Promotion is being submitted to Sponsor, not Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor and not Facebook. To the extent of any conflict between these Official Rules and Facebook terms, guidelines or policies, these Official Rules will apply.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
Winner Selection: There will be a total of three (3) winners (each a "Winner") in the Promotion determined by a random drawing (the "Random Drawing") from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. One (1) grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner"), one second place winner (the "Second Place Winner"), and one third place winner (the "Third Place Winner"). The Random Drawing will take place on or about December 31, 2012, or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. All Entries are subject to verification, confirmation and compliance with the Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Winner Notification: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential Prize Winner of his/her winning status via the telephone number, and/or e-mail address provided in connection with the Prize Winner's Entry within a week of the Random Drawing, at Sponsor's discretion. Potential Winners must respond within seventy-two (72) hours of notification attempt. Failure to respond to notification within the stated time will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Awarding of any prize is subject to verification of potential Winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the selected potential Winners may be required to complete and return to Sponsor or its designated agent an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form ("Affidavit and Release") within three (3) days of receiving the Affidavit and Release. Failure to return the signed Affidavit and Release within three (3) days following the date of delivery thereof may result in forfeiture of the Prize. If a potential Prize Winner is a minor ("Minor") in his/her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian of the Minor will be required to ratify the Affidavit and Release in order for the Prize to be awarded to the Minor. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted as specified above, or if he/she fails to return the signed Affidavit of Eligibility by the deadline specified above, or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor's sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor's sole discretion, be randomly selected in his/her place from among all remaining eligible Entries. Up to three (3) alternate winner drawings may be conducted for each un-awarded Prize, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
• One (1) Rockstar co-branded Xbox 360® 4GB Console (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"):$299.99 USD);
• One Forza Horizon™ video game for Xbox 360® (ARV: $59.99 USD); and,
• A one-year supply of Rockstar Energy Drink (ARV: $576 USD).
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $935.98 USD.
The Second Place Winner will receive:
• One Forza Horizon™ video game for Xbox 360® (ARV: $59.99 USD); and,
• A one-year supply of Rockstar Energy Drink (ARV: $576 USD).
Total ARV of Second Place Prize: $635.99 USD.
The Third Place Winner will receive:
• A one-year supply of Rockstar Energy Drink (ARV: $576 USD). Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Promotion: $2,147.98 USD.
Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of Prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with receipt and use of the Grand Prize and Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize Winner with an IRS Form 1099, if applicable, reflecting the actual final retail value of the Grand Prize, or such other governmental tax forms that may be necessary, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Microsoft and Xbox 360 are registered trademarks, and used for purposes of prize description only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply the sponsorship, endorsement, or the approval this Sweepstakes.
6. ENTRY AWARDS. All Entrants to Promotion during the Promotion Period will receive a code upon completing their initial Entry through any of the two entry methods described above. Entrants can then use that code to follow the onscreen instructions to unlock and download a Rockstar Forza racing car "Skin" and racing car "Graphic" for use in the Forza Horizon Racing Game for XBOX 360® (the "Entry Award"). Entrants may use the code to unlock and download said Entry Award gratuitously until November 31, 2012, at 11:59:59 PM ET, or until further notice. Availability of Entry Award is not guaranteed, and Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical difficulties encountered by an Entrant attempting to download, or make use of, downloaded Entry Award.
ARV of Entry Award: $0.00 USD.
7. GENERAL TERMS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES: All Entries related to this Promotion become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor and/or Administrator. All such Entries are subject to verification. By entering or otherwise participating in the Promotion and/or accepting any Prize, each Entrant hereby fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Promotion Entities, or their respective designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects, and agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or revise these Official Rules at any time and for any reason. The Entrant also agrees to assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/email submitted to or from Sponsor or Administrator, and further agrees that all prizes are awarded upon the condition that the Promotion Entities or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize, or participation in this Promotion or participation in any Promotion-related activities and further acknowledges that said Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice or obligation and at any time, to cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non- authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, or for any other reason, at their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, at its discretion, may select winners from the eligible, non-suspect, eligible Entries fulfilling the applicable eligibility requirements prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors, including in the Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for hardware, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, on the Website or any other website, in any cellular telephone lines, networks, or towers, or any combination thereof, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage Promotion Entities' ability to receive or store Promotion data, or which may damage a participant's system in connection with the selected method of entry, or which may otherwise limit any participant's ability to participate and/or redeem Prizes in the Promotion. In the event that any participant's entry attempt is not successfully received by Promotion Entities, that participant's sole remedy shall be to attempt to enter the Promotion once again during the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation or administration of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
By accepting a Prize, all Winners agree that Sponsor may use any and all such Winners' name, city and/or state/territory of residence, statements, likeness, voice, photograph and/or biographical information, without limitation, for promotional purposes relating to the Promotion, in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the Internet, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further consideration or payment, where permitted by law. PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS," "WHERE IS," WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Prizes are nonassignable, nonsubstitutable, and nontransferable. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute cash or prizes of equal or greater monetary value. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Sponsor the awarded Prize(s), or the cash value thereof. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision herein. Should any provision of the Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of the Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, as applicable, or to disqualify any participant residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, participants agree that: all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant(s), Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Participants agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion, or awarding of the Prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of California and the participants hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Promotion, the participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives, all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
10. WINNER NAMES AND OFFICIAL RULES: For the names of the Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email request to VIP@rockstarenergy.com. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the names of winners must be made by February 31, 2013. Please note in the subject line of your correspondence whether you are requesting "Official Rules" or the names of "Prize Winners."
11. SPONSOR: Rockstar, Inc., 101 Convention Center Dr., Suite 777, Las Vegas, NV 89109.
Facebook its subsidiaries and affiliated companies do not endorse, sponsor, and is not otherwise affiliated with this promotion in any manner. Any and all registered names or trademarks used in this Promotion are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and their use does not signify such owners' approval or endorsement of, or connection with, Sponsor or this Promotion.
Rockstar Xbox Pedal to the Medal Sweepstakes NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS U.S. AND D.C. WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 AT TIME OF ENTRY. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited and restricted by law. The Rockstar Xbox Pedal to the Medal Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on 10/01/12 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on 11/31/12. Sponsored by: Rockstar, Inc. Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: $2,147.98 USD. For Complete Eligibility Requirements, Prizes, Odds of Winning, and Full Official Rules, visit https://www.facebook.com/rockstar.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Sweepstakes, participant understands that he/she is providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, and participant releases Facebook from any liability in connection with the Sweepstakes.