ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN WITH ROCKSTAR ENERGY® Drinks Contest ("Contest") OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. CONTEST SPONSORS. The sponsors of this Contest are Rockstar Inc. ("Rockstar") and The Pepsi Bottling Group (Canada), Co., ("PBC") (collectively the "Contest Sponsors").
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest starts January 7th, 2013 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends March 29th, 2013 at 11:59 PM PT (the "Contest Period"), after which time no further entries will be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase is required to participate in the Contest. To enter, visit www.rockstarenergy.ca (the "Contest Website") during the Contest Period, complete the online Contest entry form in full, including providing your first name, last name, complete mailing address, email address, telephone number, confirm that you have read and agreed to be bound by the Contest Rules, and then submit your entry online. There is a limit of one (1) online Contest entry per individual and per email address during the Contest Period. Only one (1) email address may be used by any person to participate in the Contest. All entries must be received by March 29th, 2012 at 11:59 PM PT. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won consisting of one (1) 2012 Polaris 550 Shift 136 (the "Prize"). Total approximate retail value of the Prize is $8,900 CAD. Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, which reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including without limitation a cash award. Winner is responsible for all expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description above, including but not limited to safety equipment, insurance or otherwise. The Prize will be awarded in the province of the potential winner.
No responsibility is assumed by Contest Sponsors for Prize after it has been shipped. Contest Sponsors make no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize and disclaim any implied warranty. Prize winner bears all risk of loss or damages to Prize after delivery. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
5. CONTEST DRAW: On April 5th, 2013 at 1:00 PM PT in Los Angeles, California, USA; one (1) entry will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsors for any inability for a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of delivery.
6. HOW TO WIN AND CLAIM A PRIZE. The potential winner will be notified by Contest Sponsors by phone, mail or email in accordance with the contact information provided in their online Contest entry form. To be declared a winner, the potential winner drawn must: (i) correctly answer the required time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without any assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise; (ii) sign and return to Contest Sponsors within the date indicated a form of Declaration of Compliance and Release which confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules and releases the Contest Sponsors, and each of their direct and indirect parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, franchisees, their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, agents, advisors, contest prize suppliers and each of their employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Contest Group") from all liability with respect to: (a) the entrant's participation in this Contest and the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or for matters that inhibit, reduce or prevent enjoyment of the Prize, (b) traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity; and (c) the publicity rights granted to the Contest Sponsors defined in Rule 10 (the "Release"); and (iv) otherwise comply with the Official Contest Rules. The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver's license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process.
If a potential winner cannot be located, does not respond within three (3) days of notification, or fails to: (i) correctly answer the skill-testing question, (ii) sign and return the Release within the required time, or (iii) otherwise comply with these Official Contest Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the Prize and the Contest Sponsors may, at their sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries whom the Contest Sponsors will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Sponsors will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner. Awarding of the Prize is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Contest Rules. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsors for any postal mail or overnight delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address.
7. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the start of the Contest Period. Excluded from eligibility are the employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Group and each of their respective affiliates, advertising or promotion agencies, Contest judges, Contest prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Contest, and members of the immediate families (parents, sibling, children or spouses, regardless of where they reside) of, or persons domiciled with (whether related or not), any of the above individuals.
8. RIGHT TO SUSPEND/MODIFY/TERMINATE. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Contest Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of Rockstar), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. Subject only to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") with respect to residents of Quebec, the Contest Sponsors may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or to modify or suspend the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random draw to award the Prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Official Contest Rules.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, and as a condition of acceptance of any Prize, each entrant, his/her heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS the Contest Group from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions, causes of action, personal injury, property damage or death (including without limitation all costs and liabilities of any kind including lawyers' fees), AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SUCH ARISING FROM ANY ACT OF NEGLIGENCE OF THE CONTEST GROUP, that the entrant now has, or may hereafter have against the Contest Group directly or indirectly resulting or arising from: (i) participation in the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse or enjoyment of the Prize or any substitute prize, or traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity; or (ii) the publicity rights granted to Contest Sponsors set out in Rule 10. It is understood that there may be serious risks of bodily injury, death, or property damage associated with the use or misuse of the Prize and by accepting the Prize the Prize winner voluntarily assumes these risks.
The Contest Group is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the announcement of winner, distribution of the Prize or technical malfunctions of telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment or software, viruses, bugs, failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, or failure of any email to be received by the Contest Sponsors or a participant for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. The Contest Group is not responsible for damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
The Contest Sponsors do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest or the Contest Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
10. PUBLICITY. By accepting a Prize, winner consents to the publication and use of his/her name, municipality of residence, comments, voice, likeness and photographs in any form, manner or media whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in print, radio, television and on the Internet for any purpose in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, for the purposes of advertising and trade, and promoting the Contest Sponsors and each of their products and services, without further notice or compensation. The Prize winner agrees to cooperate with Contest Sponsors in arranging for photographs or other forms of publicity and to be available for photographs or other forms of publicity on reasonable notice by Contest Sponsors.
PBC is not connected to the management of this Contest. PCB is not responsible for the collection of personal information on the Rockstar Energy website, the conduct of the draw or the distribution of the Prize.
12. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation in the Contest constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest rules which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. All entries become the property of Rockstar and will not be returned. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. A participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada applicable therein. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the French language rules for this Contest, the English rules shall prevail.
14. QUEBEC ONLY. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.